Thursday, August 28, 2008

A pause for a quick personal post

Part of this is an overlap from the poem regarding my grandpa.

I've done broadcasting work as well (the majority involving sports, but some other human interest pieces as well). In fact, I've been told by many they'd think I'd have a good career as a sports broadcaster. Actually, a very successful, talented, highly respected colleague of mine said I appear very natural and looked good on camera.

The reason I've chosen to follow a writing career (over television); however, is because I do not to be in the spotlight. I'm still incredibly thankful for my two television internships (with WFTC Fox 29 and Fox 9 sports). Alas, here I am two years after graduation and no full-time position yet. Nevertheless, I shall continue my ever-passionate, tireless pursuit of a career in print.

On a broadcasting, and overall journalistic sense, a list of a few people I'll forever be indebted include:

Ali Lucia
Bert Blyleven
Dick Bremer
Chris Conangala
Marcus Fuller
Marney Gellner
Jeff Grayson
Chad Hartman
Hannah Loberg
Jeff Passolt
Alize Proisy
Kim Johnson
Ron Johnson
Dave Lee
Dawn Mitchell
Mark Redal
Jim Rich
Robyne Robinson
Joe Schmit
Jim Souhan
Ken Stone
Darren Sharper
Karl Spring
Nick "Scoop" Walsh
Rebecca Watson
Darren "Doogie" Wolfson

Among, I'm sure, countless others. Well, those are just people I've been fortunate enough to work with in some capacity or another.

There are definitely far more others, but I digress. I just wanted to take a moment to sincerely thank each and every one of you. I especially will always be thankful to and remember Mr. Grayson and Professor Stone -- who, all his students were always warmly welcomed to simply call "Ken."

No comments: